Social

Social

Monday, October 4, 2010

Check out my "Behind the Beats" Interview with A-Game Magazine & Launch Party Tonight @ Adesso Lounge!



Check out my "Behind the Beats" Interview with A-Game Magazine http://agamemagazine.com/site/?p=43 , & Launch Party Tonight @ Adesso Lounge!

















A-GAME: How did you become a producer?
Dilemma: Until about 2005-2006, I only considered myself a beat maker. Once I began actually working with artists in the studio and creating and writing, I became more invested in the overall production process.
A-GAME: What was the first piece of equipment you purchased?
Dilemma: The MPC 2000 XL.
A-GAME: What’s your all time favorite piece of equipment to work with?
Dilemma: The MPC 2000 XL because it was my first piece of equipment and the instrument used to obtain my first major album placement; and secondly the Roland V-SYNTH XT because it’s new, fun, provides new ideas, and generates the sound that I am looking to develop.
A-GAME: How do you get the best out of an artist?
Dilemma: I get the best out of an artist by establishing trust and understanding. I listen to them, highlight their strengths and camouflage their weaknesses. I try to make them as comfortable as possible and always remind them to have fun. I have found that songs I had the most fun recording were the most successful records. It’s important to make the artist forget stress, go in the booth and let it go, kind of like therapy. It also gives you leverage to push the artist a little bit.
A-GAME: Do you like to collaborate with other producers?
Dilemma: Yes, I collaborate with other producers all the time. It can be difficult to work with some, but it’s easier to work with producers who do it for the love of music. My favorite to work with is Versatile. We have an amazing chemistry. We’re from two totally different places, but when we’re in the studio it’s like we’re from the same world aiming to go to the same place.
A-GAME: What producer or producers inspired you?
Dilemma: Quincy Jones, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Just Blaze, and Kanye West.
A-GAME: Do you have a certain style or sound that separates you from other producers?
Dilemma: That is for the listener to decide. I don’t think that I have a specific sound and I can’t really explain my sound. I make my music on more of a feeling and not so much a sound. I place the Hello World stamp at the beginning of my songs in order to distinguish myself from other producers.
A-GAME: Are you working with any big name or upcoming artist?
Dilemma: Yes, a few new artists; Meek Millz, and an international star, Teeah as well as my artists Melissa Jay, Eric Giovanni and Anastasia. And you might hear an EP from me soon. I’m testing the water! Also, I’ve been working on my sophomore producer album/dvd “Everybody STILL wants a beat from Dilemma” which will be released this Fall/Winter. I’m very excited about that!
(read more) @ AGameMagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

helloworld