Social

Social

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I sit down with IntooDeap.com









What makes you a successful hit producer?
-I Stay Positive, I Stay Persistent, I Stay Patient, I Always Pray, I'm not afraid to be creative, or afraid to reinvent myself because music is always changing. I'm not afraid to ask for help from others to get the job done.

Tell us about your work ethic, your schedule or daily routines involving music...
-Ok let me see, I'd like to think that i work hard. I might be touching up a few things on a beat or writing a hook to another, or writhing a song to another, studying, listen to mixes, doing whatever it takes to improve my sound. My daily routines changes all the time. When I 1st started making beats, i thought you just make a hot beat , find the artist or manager's email, send it to them, they hear it , they like it, they pay you, and they record it, The End.. Sometimes it might work like that but not all the time. Once I got a little more into the whole "shopping records" side and started to see how placements happen, i changed the way i made records to be more effective. Then after awhile i start to see that some, not all but some A&R's don't have a clue, so now I make music that i like to hear "1st" and from time to time make records that they want to hear.

What influences your music production?
-Any & everything that hits my ears, I listen to it all. Imma hugh Jazz head though. As far as producer influences, i would say, Just, Dilla, J.R, Tim, as well as some new up&coming producers that don't have the big name credits...yet

No comments:

Post a Comment

helloworld